Reports & Briefings
Frequently Asked Questions about the Emissions Trading System reform
- Category: Reports & Briefs
- Published: 15 February 2017
The reform of the EU’s Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) for the period from 2021-2030 is currently being discussed in the European Parliament and the Council. The following should help you find answers to some of the most frequent and urgent questions in this debate.
- Is the ETS working as a “flagship” climate instrument?
- What would have to be done to make the ETS work?
- What is in the ENVI reform proposal that will be voted on in the European Parliament on Feb 15th 2017?
- How do European industries profit from the ETS?
- Why does the cement sector oppose the ENVI proposal?
- How can Member States profit from the ETS?
- Why is the ETS not enough?
- Do other polices undermine the ETS?
- Why should aviation and shipping be included in the ETS?