CAN Europe Positions
CAN Europe Position on finalisation of the EFSD Regulation
- Category: CAN Europe Positions
- Published: 29 May 2017
Along with a coalition of CSOs CAN Europe has set out recommendations to ensure that lessons are learnt from other investment initiatives at the multilateral and European level; both the positive examples of careful, evidence-led work and negative, long-term damaging examples of hastily established funds.
1. Ensure full transparency and accountability including via a scoreboard of indicators;
2. Establish an EU centralised Grievance Mechanism for affected local communities;
3. Include an Exclusion List to ensure that climate, environmental and social standards are respected;
4. Ensure that the EFSD objectives reflect a Sustainable Development Theory of Change.