Climate Action Network Europe (CAN Europe) recognised as Europe's leading network working on climate and energy issues, is currently seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and results-driven staff member to Coordinate our network and outreach team and fundraising activities in Brussels (remote location, in particular in eastern and southern Europe, also possible). The job includes strategic and operational tasks. The successful candidate will be a key team member charged with meeting our organisation’s needs, mission and goals.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience;
- Experience in writing persuasive grant proposals and reporting ;
- General knowledge of programme management procedures considered an asset;
- Knowledge of policies and procedures specific to the requirements of a non-profit; considered an asset.
- Experience of working with NGO’s;
- Knowledge of climate change policy, programs and organisations considered an asset;
- Experience in developing project proposals for the European Commission;
- The working language is English but another European language considered an asset.
Experience, skills and abilities
- Strong organisational and excellent communication skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly, respectfully, and warmly—both orally and in writing In English;
- Takes initiative and completes tasks;
- Proven skills in methods of organising, outreach, communication and networking;
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time effectively;
- Responsible and dependable, and demonstrates confidentiality in the performance of all job functions;
- Good team player, positive attitude.
Main duties will include
- Secure funds to keep existing staff
- Ensure CAN's reporting is timely and of quality
- Ensure good communications with funders
- Seek new funding according to CAN's strategy and work plan
- Representation of the organisation towards funders
- Correspondence and calls with existing funders
- Research and outreach to new funders
- Establish regular contact and outreach to CAN Europe member organisations;
- Collaborate with policy staff on various programme and operations such as workshops and lobbying activities
- Strategise initiatives and programmes that best meet the needs of the network membership;
- Work with Director to ensure that network members have the information and support they need to engage in climate change policy;
- Oversee planning and logistics for our General Assemblies;
This position can be based in the CAN Europe secretariat, but for these tasks a remote location is also possible, in particular with regards to the need for reaching out more intensively with our members in eastern and southern Europe.
This full time or 4/5 position is based on a Belgian open-ended contract. Please note that the title of Coordinator refers to CAN Europe's role as coordinator of our 130+ members network and not to internal management responsibilities.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Fundraising and Network Outreach Coordinator as subject line.
**The letter of motivation should clearly demonstrate why you want the job, stating why you wish to work for a climate NGO and how your skills and experience are relevant to the job requirements detailed above**
Closing date for applications: Monday 19th December at noon
First round of Interviews preferably on the 2nd week of January 2017.
Second round of Interviews preferably the 3rd and 4th week of January 2017.
Expected start date: as soon as possible thereafter
Inquiries between now and December 23rd to Cinda Ayachi, HR and Office Coordinator,email@example.com +32 2 894 46 70