Climate Action Network Europe is looking for an EU Climate & Energy Policy Coordinator
- Category: Blogs
- Published: 02 December 2016
Climate Action Network (CAN Europe) recognised as Europe's leading network working on climate and energy issues, is currently seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and results-driven EU Climate & Energy Policy Coordinator to join our team in Brussels.
The successful candidate will work on several topics related to EU climate and energy policies, including on such climate policies as the ETS and effort-sharing, governance, and on energy issues including renewables and energy efficiency. He or she will thereby closely work together with other policy coordinators in the CAN Europe team, and with experts in the broad CAN Network all over Europe.
- Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience;
- Knowledge of climate and energy issues;
- Experience of working with NGOs, preferably in a network environment;
- Experience in advocacy work;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills, time management, flexibility, and reliability;
- Ability to produce results according to schedule and respecting deadlines;
- Fluent written and spoken English; excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work on multiple issues in parallel.
- Experience with EU climate policy development;
- Experience of working on EU policy and with EU institutions;
- Experience in fundraising and reporting would be an asset;
- Experience in writing research papers, reports.
Main duties will include
- Undertake and support advocacy and outreach activities on specific climate and energy issues;
- Gather intelligence and follow EU policy development;
- Contribute to preparation of briefings and papers for policy makers in Brussels and in capitals;
- Develop advocacy opportunities and a long term strategy together with NGOs in our network;
- Represent our network and do advocacy and lobby work;
- Contribute to fundraising efforts related to relevant policy dossiers.
This position is based in the CAN Europe secretariat, which houses our team of 16 staff members, in Mundo-B, the sustainable NGO office space near the St. Boniface neighbourhood of Brussels. The bright, sunny office provides an exciting work environment with a restaurant serving organic food, an outdoor terrace, two gardens and plentiful bike-parking spaces.
This full time or 4/5 position is based on a Belgian open-ended contract. Please note that the title of Coordinator refers to CAN Europe's role as coordinator of our 130+ members network and not to internal management responsibilities.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation and CV to email@example.com with EU Climate and Energy Policy Coordinator as subject line.
**The letter of motivation should clearly demonstrate why you want the job, stating why you wish to work for a climate NGO and how your skills and experience are relevant to the job requirements detailed above**
Closing date for applications: Monday 19th December at noon.
First round of Interviews preferably on the 2nd week of January 2017.
Second round of Interviews preferably the 3rd and 4th week of January 2017.
Expected start date: as soon as possible thereafter
Inquiries between now and December 23rd to Cinda Ayachi, HR and Office Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org +32 2 894 46 70