Climate Action Network Europe is looking for a full-time (or 4/5) Climate and Energy Policy Officer in the Western Balkans:
The successful candidate, together with the CAN Europe’s regional focused team, will support NGOs efforts in the region of the Western Balkans, on advocacy for the drive on ambitious climate and energy policies, by shifting away from the fossil fuel dependency of the region. The goal is to support the policy coordinator, and build on advocacy work in the region itself, by promoting the comparably more ambitious EU climate and energy goals and policy, advocate for the compliance with the international treaty obligations as is the Energy Community Treaty, the EU Accession Process, and other relevant EU policy. Furthermore the successful candidate will play a key role in caretaking of the member organizations from the Western Balkans, as well as building new coalitions and alliances.
- Experience working in the region of Western Balkans
- Experience of working with other NGOs, local and central government, and international institutions
- Experience in network building
- Language skills relevant to the Western Balkans
- Experience in fundraising and reporting would be an asset;
- Experience in writing research papers, reports.
CAN Europe regularly offers positions for interns. If you are interested in other internship opportunities, please contact us via email@example.com.